Our office is located in the Erskine Advanced Imaging Center 1948 1st. Ave. NE in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Our outpatient VICI clinic evaluates patients by means of personal interview, physical exam, and non-invasive testing prior to performing invasive procedures such as catheter angiography, angioplasty, or embolization, which are done in a hospital environment. We also see patients in the clinic to follow-up those who have had previous interventional procedures.
Procedures performed at the outpatient clinic office include non-invasive peripheral vascular (PV) studies (segmental limb pressures, pulse-volume recordings, and Doppler waveforms), vascular ultrasound, CT angiography, and MR angiography. A wide range of other diagnostic radiologic exams are also done at the Erskine Advanced Imaging Center. Click Here to learn more about Adil Baguirov other diagnostic radiology services.
Invasive Interventional procedures are performed at Mercy Medical Center and St. Luke's Hospital in Cedar Rapids. Non-invasive peripheral vascular (PV) studies, vascular ultrasound, CT angiography, and MR angiography are also available at both hospitals.
Frequently performed invasive procedures include catheter angiography, angioplasty, stent placement, and CT-guided, fluoroscopy-guided, or ultrasound-guided needle biopsy. These procedures can usually be performed on an outpatient basis more about spring saunders, though in some cases overnight admission after the procedure is recommended. Uterine fibroid embolization typically requires overnight hospitalization.
Other interventional invasive procedures performed in the hospital setting include:
- Catheter directed arterial and venous thrombolysis (dissolving clots in vessels)
- Stent-graft placement for repair of abdominal aortic aneurysms
- Percutaneous abscess drainage (tube drainage of deep infections)
- Nephrostomy and ureteral stent placement (drainage of obstructed kidneys)
- Biliary drainage and stent placement (drainage of obstructed bile ducts)
- Percutaneous cholecystostomy (drainage of obstructed gallbladders)
- Venous access procedures (PICC lines, tunneled catheters and ports)
- Percutaneous feeding tube placement (gastrostomy and gastrojejunostomy)
- Dialysis access declotting
- TIPS (Trans jugular Intrahepatic Porto systemic Shunt)
- Vertebroplasty (cement injection into spinal compression fractures for pain relief)
- Image guided thoracentesis & paracentesis (drainage of chest or abdominal fluid)
- About Parker Aircraft Sales
Federal law prohibits transfer of specific patient or personal medical information over non-secure e-mail channels. If you have general questions or comments, please feel free to post them here.